Thursday, February 19, 2009

Best Brownies Ever!

Last week I was talking with my sister about these brownies I made a while back and I'm telling you people- if you like sweets or chocolate they are to die for! Well, I'm having my Chez-Ami parties next week and I thought they would be a yummy treat for my hosts to serve the guests. So of course last night I thought I should give them a trial run since I haven't made them in a while- in other words, I'm really craving them now that my sister brought them up!

So I thought I would share this delicious recipe that I got from a good friend of mine in Raleigh, NC, Traci! Beware- they are addictive and horribly fattening but once in while you need to treat yourself to some yummies, right? Children should only be given small portions to avoid sugar overload!:)

Layered Brownies
4 (1oz) Squares unsweetened chocolate
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup flour
1 cup chopped, toasted pecans- (I don't add these- just not a big fan of pecans in my sweets)
Vanilla Cream Topping
Brownie Glaze

In double boiler melt chocolate and butter until smooth. (I use the good old microwave!) Remove from heat and add sugar, eggs and stir until blended. Stir in flour and pecans(no pecans for me!) Pour into greased 13X9 pan. Back at 350 for 20-23 min. Let cool on wire rack for 1 hour.

Spread cooled brownies with Vanilla Cream Topping: Chill 45 min. Pour Brownie Glaze over Vanilla Topping and spread evenly. Chill 1 hour.
Vanilla Cream Topping:Add Image
1 cup butter, melted
1 (16 oz) pkg powdered sugar
1/4 cup half and half
2 tsp. vanilla
Stir together until smooth

Chocolate Glaze:
4 (1 oz) squares of semi-sweet chocolate (I use chocolate chips)
1/4 cup butter
Microwave chocolate and butter for 1 1/2 minutes, stirring twice. Spread over brownies. Keep refrigerated.

Here's the finished product!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, those sound really super yummy. I don't know if I dare make them since my husband for some reason isn't a big sweet person (yeah, he's weird, I know! :) ) Maybe when I go out of town to visit my family I will make them so I have some help and don't eat them all on my own! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kenzee, my husband won't eat these- he just likes plain old brownies, so does that stop me? It should, be no, I have had to throw away half of the pan because I cannot live with myself if I actually eat the entire thing!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts so go ahead and leave a comment!