Monday, November 16, 2009

A Raleigh Reunion!

This past weekend we drove down to Raleigh, North Carolina for my friend Cindy's wedding and had a wonderful time seeing family and friends! When we arrived Friday we had to drive through our old neighborhood and check out our old house-just to see what the new owners had done with our house!:) While we were there we stopped by my friend Susan's house as well as my friend Emily's house-thanks girls for letting us barge in and take over your toys for a few-the girls really enjoyed themselves and it was so nice to see you guys!!
After that we went to visit the girl's babysitter Diane. Diane watched Ainsley from 3 months until we moved (a little over 3 years) and Harper from 3 months as well. The girls absolutely loved seeing Diane everyday while I went to work and she took such good care of them. We miss her so much!!

Diane was very excited to meet Bennett and did not expect me to have the girls (I told her a little lie and said they weren't coming to surprise her when we arrived). I think she was very surprised and thrilled to see them!
Of course there were so many other friends we really wanted to visit with but there just wasn't enough time! I need a good week to really visit like I want to:(
After driving through our old stomping grounds we drove down to Uncle Brian and soon to be Aunt Lauren's house to visit with Grandma, Grandpa and Aunt Kelly!
Grandma thoroughly enjoyed snuggling with Bennett whenever he wasn't being fed. And I think he thoroughly enjoyed himself as well;)

This was the first time Aunt Kelly met Bennett...

they hit it off just fine!
Saturday night Mike and I were able to get all dressed up (we never do this!) and go to the wedding! I was so excited to have a night to ourselves without the kids so thank you Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Kelly, Uncle Brian and Lauren for watching the kids for us!!



I had to get a picture of us dressed up because this may not happen for a long time!LOL
The wedding was beautiful and we had a great time catching up with college friends. Congrats to Cindy and Ben!!



Me with my friends Teresa and Erin.



And with the beautiful bride, Cindy.
All four of us met our Freshman year of college on the East Carolina swim team and have such good memories along with lots of laughs together. So good to see you girls!!



Ending a great night with a dance-we need to do this more often!
Well now that we've been down to Raleigh we miss it even more! Mike grew up in North Carolina, we both went to school there and then lived there for 4 more years. There's just something about North Carolina that we both love, it just feels like home to us. Maybe one day it will be again. Thanks everyone for such a great visit!! Miss you all-even if we didn't get to see you!
And a big thanks to Grammy and Granddaddy for taking care of the dogs while we had our visit!! Wish we could've visited with you all longer!

12 comments:

  1. WOW!!! What a great looking couple! My friend and I always say "Yup, I clean up real nice". You really look beautiful. Sounds like a wonderful time, but not long enough, as you said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you were able to take the trip. We love NC too! It looks like everyone had a great time! Maybe next year you can make a trip for the Buddy Walk, then we could meet you in person. Such happy pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good time! You and your hubby look fantastic!!! How fun to see family and friends.

    North Carolina is beautiful. My SIL and BIL live in Cary. We are going out to visit again this summer. Last time we flew into Raleigh and drove out to the Outer Banks for a week-long beach vacation...awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay. I don't think it's right that your whole family is SO beautiful. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so glad you were able to visit so many people and especially have a night out!!! you and mike look very nice all dressed up! you look gorgeous!
    hope you are having a good monday after travelling and going out this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!! I personally love living in NC. Glad you had a great trip, and missed it even more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy that you guys got to enjoy the night and get all duded up!!!

    Just so you know....I have a new blog button, so the old one may not show up anymore.

    Glad you had a fun weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never lived in Raleigh, but we have passed through there (and stopped for the night) for many years. I especially love the Streets at Southpoint Mall in Durham. :)

    You look fanTAStic! You sure you had a baby recently? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, it was so wonderful finally "meeting" you and I could've eaten Bennett with a spoon. The girls are gorgeous and he just can't get any sweeter. He was the sweetest thing! I'm so glad we got to chat! Maybe Lily & Harper can go to Kindergarten together. I'll be waiting for you in NC. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you had such a great time! You look amazing (as always!). There is something so nice about getting dressed up and going out with no kids!

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds like you a had wonderful trip. there's never enough time to visit with old friends. and you do look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I came across your blog this evening, as I was interested in your "unexpected journey", Our situation isn't exactly the same but as I was reading "your story", I completely related to you and your feeling. I delivered at 27 weeks r/t to high blood pressure. We are 5 weeks into out NICU stay and have about 8 more to go! It makes me feel better knowing I'm not the one that feels the way I'm feeling tonight. But your right I have to give it to God, worry about nothing, pray about everything. Think you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts so go ahead and leave a comment!