Thursday, December 10, 2009

12 Days of Giving Day 8, 9 and 10

Life with Bubba, Chicky and Nika
On day 8 Ainsley and I finished up putting together little gift bags for all her classmates. We put a little ornament with their name on each one as well as some candy in each bag. Ainsley loves doing little gift bags and she's very good at telling me everyone's name in her class-there's 23!

On day 9 I was getting ready for our big trip to Charlotte for my brother-in-laws wedding. Our plan was to leave after Mike got home from work so I decided to vacuum out the van (Mike always gets on me for how messy I keep it-hey, with 3 kids, it gets messy) and I knew he would appreciate a clean van for a long trip. I also packed most of the car so when he came home he didn't have to do it all. I will admit having a nice clean car seems to make the trip a little easier:)

Day 10 we arrived in Charlotte and when we pulled up we noticed Mike's parents had not decorated for Christmas. Of course they've been extremely busy with the wedding and they were at our house for Thanksgiving so they didn't have time during that weekend. Mike and I decided we'd do it all for them! Mike turned the Christmas music on (yes, he's corny like that but I love him for it) and in a matter of 2 hours the tree was up, stocking were hung, candles were in the windows and the bushes had lights on them. We both love decorating for Christmas and it was fun for the girls to do it all over again for grandma and grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts so go ahead and leave a comment!