Friday, May 27, 2011

Better Late Than Never...

I've been wanting to get some "2 year" pics of Bennett but let's just say it's been a tad hectic around here. So I finally had a chance today and since it's Memorial Day weekend, we went with patriotic colors....

Bennett's 2 Year Stats:

Weight: 23.8
Height: 32 inches
{Bennett is little, needless to say;)}

He's crawling on all fours, pulling to stand and cruising. No walking yet but will walk with push toys as well as while holding your hands but only on his terms;). Sometimes this bothers me that he hasn't taken his first steps and other times I could care less. Right now I'm in a care less mood. He is getting orthotics in a few weeks, like most kiddos with DS and maybe this will help.

Bennett has about 15 signs and can say about 8 words. He consistently says "daddy", "ball", "up", "mama".

Bennett can point to his nose, toes, belly, head, hair, fingers, feet and eyes when asked to.

His favorite food is yogurt.

His favorite drink is milk or his yogurt drink.

His favorite show on tv is Fresh Beat Band-obsessed with it.

His favorite song is "Firework" by Katy Perry-LOVES IT.

Bennett loves taking baths, playing with his drums and watching his sisters dance and sing.

We're working on identifying picture cards as well as matching object to pictures and he's doing quite well. We're also working on simple, big picture puzzles which helps with his matching as well.

His yearly evaluation is coming up and I'm really not stressing over it. I know what he does and doesn't do and I know what we need to work on. He'll get there in his own time.

Love ya Bennett!!


<span class=

10 comments:

  1. what a little ham! He is too cute for words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love the first one! He has such great hair - wish Max's wasn't so straw like so he could wear it longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! I can't wait to give Caydence's 2 year update in two weeks! I know whatcha mean about the whole walking thing. Sometimes it gets to me too. But Caydence is started to stand now (with assistance). I feel totally clueless here, but what are orthotics? And where can I get me some? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like he is doing great!! He is so gorgeous, and I think he knows it!! Lol! He is such a doll and he looks so happy! Good for you! I've said it before, but you have one good looking family!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've gotta tell you - that "careless" attitude sounds more like "careFREE" to me. There is a difference. I know you could never care less. You aren't here to Keep Up With the Joneses (or a book who thinks they know what Bennett is supposed to be doing!) - you are here to keep up with Bennett, and I like the way you are thinking. Way to go, girl!!

    I can just imagine the smile on his beautiful face as Katy Perry sings some parts of that song. My children love it as well.

    The first picture - WOW! Definite Tommy Hilfiger ad waiting to happen. PERFECT!

    ...and finally, my daughter was 32 inches and 25 pounds at her 2-year check-up. (No DS)Nothing wrong with small!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first one is my favorite! He is such a sweetheart and he's doing fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet, sweet boy!

    Levi turned one today. I can't wait to see all that he learns in the next year! I love keeping up with Bennett.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bennet you are awesome! such a cutie and love your shoes

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the pix...Happy 2's...hope your summer is good...been thinking of you and your family...smiles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pics and congrats on your move! I can feel how busy you are! Wow!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts so go ahead and leave a comment!