Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Are you a hair product snob?




I know I'm not.  If if you are, don't worry, no judgement here.  Everyone has their preference.  Living with naturally curly hair I've gone through my fair share of hair products.  First, as a teenager I swore by Paul Mitchell, then came Redken and then Frizz Ease, then TIGI. By no means are these top of line products, more like middle of the road I'd say.  But I know my hair and I know what works.


Trust me, I've fooled with it for years now!  I'm 34 years old for goodness sake, I know what works to straighten and to curl and I know how to do it without spending way too much on products that just end up at the bottom of the drawer.   But I was recently asked to try a Dove product:  Dove Intensive Repair Daily Treatment Conditioner...




I really like Dove in general for the campaign they stand behind (embracing your body for what it is and building positive self-esteem in girls everywhere) and I use their soap on my kids as well as myself so I thought I'd give it a try.

So I found it very conditioning on my very thick, unruly hair.  After getting out of the shower it was very easy to brush!  However, I highlight my hair, straighten it and sometimes curl it so to say it made a huge difference in styling is hard to say because of all the products I use.

I then tried it on my girl's hair (7 and 5 years of age) and I really liked how it made their hair feel.


Again, super easy to brush after showering and even the style after it dried seemed to be better.  It's definitely great for dry, course hair which I think almost all of my family has.  Curly hair seems to love the thickness of it and if you have curly hair you know that to be able to brush your hair easily after showering is a major plus!  But it doesn't make your hair feel weighted down.

So would I purchase it?  Sure!  I really do feel that if you know your hair and how it works you can purchase less expensive products to get great results.

How about you?  Are you a hair product snob or would you consider using a product like Dove for your hair?

Follow the directions below to answer this simple question and you could win a $1,000 Spafinder gift certificate!  Don't miss out on the Dove Hair Therapy coupon at the bottom of this post!!

Enter to win a $1,000 Spafinder gift certificate!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY

COMMENTS TO THIS POST ARE NOT SWEEPSTAKES ENTRIES. PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR ENTRY METHODS FOR THIS SWEEPSTAKES.

You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:

a) Follow this link, and provide your email address and your response to the Promotion prompt

b) Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: "#SweepstakesEntry"; and then visit this link to provide your email address and the URL to that Tweet.

c) Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and then visit this link to provide your email address and the URL to that post.

This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. Winners will have 72 hours to claim the prize, or an alternative winner will be selected.

The Official Rules are available here.

This sweepstakes runs from 9/4/2012 - 9/30/2012

Be sure to visit Dove®Hair.com to get a coupon for $1.50 off Dove Hair Therapy products.


1 comment:

  1. I used to be more of a hair product snob before I had kids. Now I'm good with whatever's on sale at the grocery store. I usually wear a baseball cap anyway, so why waste money on hair that's always under a hat ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts so go ahead and leave a comment!